Welcome to the home page of the American Translation and Interpreting Studies Association (ATISA). The purpose of the Association is to encourage, support, and further the study of translation and interpreting studies, especially by organizing meetings, publishing a journal, Translation and Interpreting Studies (TIS), disseminating information to the public at large, fostering ties with allied organizations, and by such other means as the Association may deem appropriate. Anyone who endorses the purposes of the organization may become a member of the Association upon application to the Secretary-Treasurer and payment of annual dues.
April 3-5, 2014. New York University, NYC. - Call for papers
ATISA 10th Anniversary Conference 2012: Held March 29-31, University of Texas, Brownsville and Texas Southmost College - South Padre Island, TX. Download the Final Program and see pictures from the conference. Visit the conference website.
Subscription ATISA Yahoo Group, a venue for announcements of translation/interpreting-related conferences and publications, and for discussion of translation and interpreting studies issues. To subscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ATISA/ and click on the "Join This Group" button. Subscription to the ATISA Yahoo Group is free to anyone interested in Translation and Interpreting Studies.
Special offer for ATISA members from John Benjamins Publishing: A 12-month personal use subscription to the Translation Studies Bibliography at the special price of EUR 50. Download the Order Form, or go to http://www.benjamins.com/online/atisa-offer.html
LINKS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Canadian Association for Translation Studies / Association canadienne de traductologie - ATISA and CATS have signed a memorandum of cooperation.
- International Association for Translation and Intercultural Studies (IATIS)
- European Society for Translation Studies (EST). ATISA and EST have signed a memorandum of cooperation.
- Asociación Ibérica de Estudios en Traducción e Interpretación (AIETI). ATISA and AIETI have signed a memorandum of cooperation.
- John Benjamins Publishing Company