The Conference of the American Translation and Interpreting Studies Association is held every two years in the spring of even-numbered years.
During the most recent conference, the 2018 ATISA conference host was announced as the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. The conference organizers look forward to welcoming everyone to the Milwaukee area. More information will be made available leading up to the conference.
Applications to Host ATISA Conference Welcome
ATISA welcomes applications for hosting future ATISA conferences from qualified institutions. Potential conference organizers should submit a proposal to the ATISA President by email. Please first read the information under Conference Committee Information below; read the Scientific Committee link and address all of the points in the Guidelines for Selection of Conference Venues.
Conference Committee Information:
- Scientific Committee (responsible for program)
- Guidelines for Selection of Conference Venues (responsible for on-site preparations)
- 2016 - ATISA VIII - Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS) at Monterey, March 31 - April 2, 2016
- 2014 - ATISA VII - NYU, New York City, April 3-5, 2014 - conference website
- 2012 - ATISA VI - 10th Anniversary Conference, University of Texas, Brownsville and Texas Southmost College - South Padre Island, TX
- 2010 - ATISA V - New York University - Program Available Here
- 2008 - ATISA IV - Meeting at the Border: Profile of the Language Mediator, University of Texas at El Paso, April 3-5, 2008.
- 2006 - The Third ATISA Conference - "Research, Role and Responsibility" March 23-25, 2006, Best Western Hacienda Hotel in Old Town San Diego, California
- 2004 - The Second ATISA (ATSA) Conference - March 26-28, 2004, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- 2002 - ATISA's (ATSA's) first conference in March 2002 at Kent State University